Last week I (Heather) went to Idaho Falls to work a volleyball camp. I stayed in
Ririe, Idaho (look it up if you don't know where it is) and had a great time. Well, it didn't start out too great and ended much better. Day 1 of camp was going smoothly (I love being the boss) until at about 3:55 pm (camp ended at 4 pm) I decided to jump on the court and play with the girls. Shortly thereafter I had a run in with a camper who had a full set of acrylic nails on. Somehow, her index finger nail ended up scratching my chin, ouch. It hurt but I didn't think anything of it till I saw her face that looked like, "oh my gosh I just took a chunk out of your chin and now it's bleeding profusely" Yes, it was bleeding and I went to the bathroom to assess the damage. After a quick trip to Urgent Care, I chose to get it bonded together with some glorified SUPER GLUE instead of stitches to try and limit the
amount of scaring. Doc cleaned it up, put a few bandages on it and stuck me in my right arm with a
tetanus shot that I was grateful I got because within 2 days the inside of my mouth was infected. She scratched me so hard it cut the inside of my mouth without completely penetrating through my lip. Weird. And seriously, who wears acrylic nails to camp? The camper felt bad and the next morning brought me a 44 ounce diet coke and a bag of gummy bears. Thanks, like that really makes me feel any better about looking in the mirror everyday and thinking of you. She was promptly placed on the 2
nd court the next day... really she was.


I was not a happy camper on the ride home from Urgent Care.


The coaches set up a horseback riding trip for us. We got to ride for 3 hours, it was so much fun a very beautiful. I could barely walk when I got off Jake (horse's name).




I stayed an extra day in Idaho and went to West Yellowstone for the day. I haven't been there since I was 14 and had
forgotten how gorgeous it is. We spent the entire day getting in and out of the car taking pictures and really wanting to shave all the bison's hair off.



I had a moment of silence at Old Faithful in memory of the Andersen Family Reunion of '94. We only had to wait one and a half hrs to see it go off and it was a
disappointment. It barely gets 10 feet high anymore. Lame.





I also had my 1st experience going to Rexburg, Idaho. Besides the beautiful new temple there, it's boring and feels just like you are in Provo Utah. Barf.

Went to
Teton Valley and got a glimpse of the Tetons. They are so cool. I posted a picture below of what they really look like. This is just what they looked like when I got close enough to see them.

No comments:
Post a Comment