Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fall is the best season!!!

Why is fall the best season? Because the mountain are beautiful, the weather is to die for, and there are tons of new shows and sporting events to watch! J/k. Really though, this is how I decide which is my favorite time of year. Fall is the best because of the above mentioned. Winter is the best because with it comes snowboarding and hot chocolate for 6 months straight! Spring is the best because spring skiing is so rad, and because love is always in the air. Summer is the best because it's not super hot and you can stay outside till 10 pm and it's still light. The 4 seasons are fun to be in, something new is always about to happen so it keeps me on my toes.

Now, somehow I found myself with some rare time to myself. I went up to Brighton Ski Resort and hiked to 3 Lakes called Mary, Martha and Katherine. I also hit up Dog Lake (very disappointed, no dogs were there) and Silver Lake. At Silver Lake I'm pretty sure it was take your family day, including all the kids in strollers and your grandparents. I pretty much ran around the lake because it was boring and I had just gone on a 3 hr hike...

The colors up Big Cottonwood Canyon are amazing, enjoy my pics!
This is at Lake Katherine but the lakes went in the order below. Lake Katherine was the last hike reached.

Lake Mary. This lake is so huge this is only 1/2 of it, if that. I think it was a little low but still pretty cool. This, is our drinking water.

Other half of Lake Mary

Lake Martha. Sad day, she's pretty much sandwiched between Mary and Katherine and doesn't get much attention. She's more like a pond.

Lake Katherine.


Silver Lake.



No comments: