Thursday, July 02, 2009

Water Leak=New Kitchen
























































A small pinhole water leak from the icemaker in the refridgerator caused a facelift for the kitchen. One thing lead to another. You know how it is when one thing is new the old thing looks worse. We had to replace the floor, and the fridge but the countertops were old so I decided with the mess already I would get them done. Then of course the paint was 12 years old, and the ceiling fan was 20 years old and the light had a broken cover, so I just got it all done. We (I) decided to change the flooring in the familyroom too but when we pulled up the old floor there was wood rot. Oh, my, gosh what a shock! We had to rip out a good part of the floor and replace some joists and base support. What seemed like a dreadful situation did get fixed quite quickly with the help of good carpenters. So anyway, the kitchen looks great and all the new floors are very nice. I feel blessed to be able to fix up our home. Pictures to follow.

No comments: