Monday, June 28, 2010

Rock Cliff Triathlon

I knew that doing a triathlon would be hard, but to be honest, I had NO CLUE what to expect. Thanks to Amy C for doing the Rock Cliff Tri with me, I would have been lost without her holding my hand the whole way. Except when they said, "on your mark, get set, GO, " then she literally blew me out of the water. No seriously, Amy might have been the 1st female sprinter out of the water. By the time I got finished with my swim (what felt like 2 hours) and ran to my bike, there was no sign of her. Not that I expected to see her at all during the race, she is one fast bugger. I did see her when I was finishing up my bike, she was on her run and that was fun to get to cheer her on. Anyways, here I am before the tri...


And here is us... if you look closely you can see the 1st red booyey to the left behind Amy's ear. That is how long it took me to get my breathing under control and decided to suck it up, put my head under the water and swim! No joke!

Amy got 1st place in our age division, I was so stoked for her! She is amazing at tri's and I didn't know they keep track of all that stuff (remember I only played vball for 29 years of my life). I ended up (somehow miraculously) getting 3rd in our age group, so I medaled as well!



Amy's sister, Shay, also got 1st in her age division! So we all medaled! Shay just completed the Iron Man in St. George in May.



Funny story: I was putting on my wet suit and they are so stinkin' tight you have to pull every inch you can from your ankle to you shoulder to give yourself room in the arms to swim. I was pulling and pulling on my arm and WHAM, hit myself on my bottom lip and gave me a nice little fat, bloody bottom lip. That was just what I needed 2 minutes before the swim started! Oh well.

Next tri, July 10th at Echo. :)

No comments: