Wednesday, June 06, 2007

HIKING HIKING and more HIKING!

Twin Peaks hike with some guy friends about 3 weeks ago. Once we reached the snow it slowed us down a bit and did not reach the summit of twin peaks. :( However, sliding down the snow on our bums was fantastic!



Weekend trip to Wyoming with friends from my ward. The river was beautiful.



Hiking Mt. Olympus we ran into a little rattler friend. Scared me to death and I wanted to kill it, but didn't!

Almost to the summit of Mt. Olympus. You can see in the upper left hand corner the two highest peaks with snow on them is Twin Peaks, the hike we attempted a few weeks earlier.

SUMMIT!! with SLC valley behind me.
Hiking Mt. Olympus was one of the hardest hikes I have ever done. Took 4 hrs 11 minutes total but it was 2 hrs 31 minutes of pure stair stepping to reach the summit. I thought I was going to die and a storm was brewing so it was extremely windy. The picture below is me golfing, I've taken a liking to it. :)

No comments: