Thursday, May 06, 2010

TOWADA LAKE (CRATER)

Today we were trying to beat the rain and get our last outdoor outing down. We went about an hour drive through the countryside to Towada Crater which is filled with water and is the third
deepest lake in Japan. The rushing waters from the lake have created a beautiful river that has been enhanced by the Japanese with walking trails for about 6 miles which is called Oriase Gorge. We drove along the river and stopped by waterfalls and rushing water sights. It was so peaceful to hear the water and the birds and smell the mountain fresh air.

The kids found a fallen tree and climbed on the trunk and we decided to take funny face pictures.
Another spot for a picture.
A kind Japanese man offered to take a picture of all of us. I was playing around with the options to enhance the picture.
This was a beautiful waterfall.

I took this picture just because I liked the sign and the beauty of the flowing waters and green moss.
The last big waterfall before we reached the top where the lake in the crater was. We didn't take a picture of the lake though........darn
On the way home we saw these beautifully manicured trees. A sight that is common as you drive around the countryside.
I am going to suggest that Rick take up the art of Japanese tree shaping since he loves to work in the yard and he now has time to do this in his retired years.

No comments: